Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Emmett Till

Until today, I never knew of Emmett Till. After reading this information and seeing the documentary in class, I am baffled and upset how I really was not knowledgeable about this young boy. The idea of racism was bigger than I can ever imagine. It amazes me how people make themselves superior over others just because they feel like they are. It is definitely depressing to see what happened to this young boy. He had no time to live his life. While the people who destroyed him went about their day like nothing ever happened. The picture of Emmett Till will most probably stay in my head for awhile. It's something that will remind me constantly when I see people coming into power. I hope one day, people can see his story and realize that this stupidity of power is not worth losing a boy's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment