Thursday, May 13, 2010

Reflection Paper Number 3

When a child is born, there is a sense of innocence and purity that comes with that specific child. As time goes on, the child grows and starts viewing and understanding the world around them. In the beginning, the world is viewed in a certain way; but as time passes, that view changes as the child begins to grow. When the child first starts viewing the world in his or her own perspective, this view is translated as a paradigm. Once the child begins to understand more about life then that paradigm begins to shift as his or her perspective begins to change. This shift is exactly what life is all about. The child is not a robot that works mechanically, the child is a human being with feelings and emotions that change often which is why this shift is significant to the child’s growth.
This process that the child goes through is exactly what I go through daily. Growing up I had this innocence that has lasted until now, and will most probably continue to last in the future. However, even though I still have this innocence, it does not mean that it hasn’t changed or will not change overtime. When I was younger, this innocence was so pure. It was not tainted with the disgusting things that go on in this world today. I was in my little world trying to do exactly what I needed to do. However, time went by, and I had to go through different experiences daily. The experiences included dealing with people who were not trustworthy, or viewing those who acted dishonestly etc. After experiencing and viewing different people and understanding things in a more realistic way, my innocence began to change a bit more. For instance, viewing everyone as good did not apply as much as it did before.
As I continue to grow and learn I definitely understand why my specific paradigm had to shift. If I stayed in my little world, I probably would have never been able to continue to learn and grow with the surroundings that I was in. without this shift that occurred and will continue to occur; I probably would not have been able to view myself as an actual teacher who must deal with these paradigms and shifts daily.
A teacher runs a classroom with many students that have many different paradigms. As the teacher continues to teach, the student’s paradigms shift according to the lessons and understandings that the teacher is giving off. It’s the teacher’s duty to guide these students who have that sense of purity and innocence on the right track to accomplish exactly what they are supposed to be accomplishing. This is exactly where I have to come in. If I had viewed everything exactly the way I had when I was younger then I would never be able to take on this profession and guide these kids where they’re supposed to be going.
This is exactly what I learnt from the article. That paradigm’s are specific to each and every person because there is no one that is the same. However, these paradigms must shift over time, and I hope as mine shifts I will be able to help others during their shift as well.

1 comment: